3D Wild West Background...




The above images show my rendered Wild West background shot. The top image shows the fully rendered and textured shot and the bottom image shows the fully rendered wire frame shot. I'm fairly happy with the final outcome of my 3D background. The buildings work well together aesthetically, I think that the different colours of the wood slats coincide with and compliment one another. In terms of textures I used in my 3D background, I painted a majority of them in Photoshop which I think turned out reasonably well and are aesthetically pleasing. I used the renderman glass material for the windows, I also used the iron renderman texture for the bank roof and the water trough. For the roofing on the clock building and saloon I used online textures. As well as the roofing I used online textures for the crates and the floor and the saloon sign. I think that the online textures work well against the painted textures and are not too in your face. I used bump maps on the crates to enhance the texture further and to add more detail to them to make them stand out more in the scene.


In regards to what could've gone better or what could be improved, I think that a whole cart would look better than having only the wagon wheels and fill up the space between the buildings as it looks a bit barren and empty. As well as this I think specular maps could be added to the roof texture on the bank and the texture on the water trough in order to make it stand out further and give a sense of where the lights hitting. A cactus in this scene would also be nice to give a feeling of the environment surrounding the town.

Comments

Popular Posts