Experimental- Self portrait- Stop-Motion Test

This was the first experimental animation which I tried out for the self portrait. For this section of my experimental I painted a self portrait in the style of Marion Bolognesi, I used watercolour inks to do and in the painting I used my favourite colours to make it more personal to me. I then created eye lids to go with the face as I had the idea to animate the eyes blinking to bring the portrait to life. After doing this I made paper cut outs of hawaiian flowers, bubbles and leaves as I wanted to create a sense of nature and to hint at my love for travelling and the sea. As well as these I cut out surfboards from surfing magazines. I then aninated these cut outs moving over the face to combine the two aspects. I really like how this experiment turned out although the camera angle needs to be looking down from above, so when editing I will adjust this as well as crop out the stage showing.

Comments

Popular Posts