Rough Character Expression Sheet for Dance of Life, Pre Production Project..


The above image shows my rough sketches for the detailed character line work facial expressions. I used adobe Photoshop to do these rough sketches. Before doing these rough sketches I asked my friend if he could do some facial expressions for me, which I then took pictures of to use as reference when drawing the facial expressions as I could then get an idea of how they should look and what the different angles of the face should look like. 
I tried to make the expressions as dramatic as possible and also made sure that the expressions and facial features were clear, so that when it came to making the clean expression sheet and the minimal line work expressions this would be easier to do as a result.
As well as this when doing these expression designs I had to make sure that they were realistic enough that it went with the style of the film if we were to decide upon the detailed expressions for the close ups.
Personally I am fairly happy with these character expressions, I think they portray the characters emotions well. 

Comments

Popular Posts