Coloured Background for Mouse House...


The above image shows a fully coloured and finished background for scene three of third year film Mouse House. When colouring this background it took me a few attempts and regular checks with the director and main background artist to get the tree bark to look right and to make sure that all of the highlights in the shot looked right and how they wanted it to look. 

I spent about a week on this background, however I really enjoying painting this background and after painting this I got the hang of the style of the tree bark which will help when colouring other backgrounds for Mouse House that feature the tree. In terms of what could be improved with this finished background I think that I could've added more depth to the inside of the nest to emphasize the shape and to give it some texture.  

Comments

Popular Posts