Background Designs for Dance of Life....


The above images show a background design I created in Adobe Photoshop using a Wacom Graphics Tablet, for pre production project, Dance of Life. The below image shows the before image where I did not extend or exaggerate the background. I did this as I wanted to use this background for my test shot. I wanted the character to be dancing on the rocks and for the mood of the character in this shot to be happy and positive. 
When designing this I made sure that the style of the line art in this background matched the style of the character but changed the colour so that they did not all blend into one. In terms of the painting style on this background I made the colours of the green spatter paint lighter in the middle in order to give the background a sense of lighting but in a minimalistic way. 
I tried to not put too much detail in this as the style of the film is simple and experimental and the director wanted basic backgrounds.  

Comments

Popular Posts