Dance of Life Test Shot...

This video shows my test shot for pre production project, Dance of Life. I used Sergei Polunins contemporary dance to Hozier's song Take Me To Church. I used this as reference as the dance is highly emotive and passionate which I thought would be good reference in terms of getting emotion into the dance of the character in this test shot. 
I wanted the mood to be happy and uplifting as this shot shows a positive part of in the main characters life cycle. 
I am really happy with the outcome of this 2D animation and think that the motion flows really well. When creating this animation I found it hard to keep the proportions of the arms and legs so I had to go back into the animation and correct this. 
I had to use a combination of TVPaint and Photoshop to create this as I wanted to use the same brush for the character animation as I had with the character concepts. 

Comments

Popular Posts