Pre production, Gustav Klimt, character turnaround and wow image...

After researching and imitating Klimt's work I then produced a character turnaround and storyboard from this. In the storyboard I tried to keep the perspectives flat and 2 Dimensional which at times was tricky, especially when creating the hospital scene and the hallway. Before creating my storyboard I designed my main character and how I wanted him to look in the film. I tried to keep with the colours used by Klimt and give the character similar styled clothing to that of the people in Klimt's portrait paintings. I based the outfit off the man in Klimt's painting 'the Kiss'.

When designing the main character, Fergus Fraser, I wanted him to have a psychedelic and earthy look to him in order to refer back to Klimt's art work. As well as this I tried to make the skin look painted which I found hard to do as I didn't want the skin to look unnatural or blotchy. 

Comments

Popular Posts