ShelterBox Fiji and Nepal Background Asset Designs....





The above images show my background designs for the Nepal and Fiji scenes of the ShetlerBox Pop Up animation. The first image shows my Nepal background design, before which I researched Kathmandu, Nepals capital which was badly effected by the earthquake disaster and found that the landscape was mountainous and in the Himalaya's so I looked at images of the mountain range before producing this design. I didn't include outlines as the rest of the assets and characters all have outlines so I didn't want to draw too much attention away from them. In terms of detail I tried to use a range of natural and realistic colours for the mountains and blended these together in order to keep with the simplistic design style of the project. 

With the Fiji background design again before deciding on how the background should look I researched images of Fiji's islands and landscapes which were all very tropical. Again, with these designs I used natural colours found in Fiji's environment and blended the brush strokes together in order for the detail in the background to not be overpowering or too distracting from the main assets. Overall I am very pleased with how these background designs turned out and think they will work well in the final ShelterBox animation. 

Comments

Popular Posts